Thursday, September 11, 2008

I confess. I LOVE IT.

I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.
And that scares me.
a lot.
What if i find a job at a school where i don't love it as much?
Today i sat with a group in my 6th period, and they asked me if they could be in my class next year. I think i felt more accomplished than i have in the past few weeks, because it means that either a) im making a difference or b) they are learning and they appreciate it or c!) both!
It's scary... it really is.
School was really REALLY good today. Yes, i had to have brandon move up and i had to inform him that he wouldn't be sitting with DJ anymore, and there were three kids at school that had to be taken to the hospital for hallucinating in state property.... but it was REALLY GOOD. Two of my students who are failing the class came in after school to ask for the assignments they are missing, one of my girls got me a soda during her lunch hour, i overheard two students saying they liked my class (i didnt mean to overhear, it just happened...simmer down!), i finally enjoyed my freshman class for the first time in days, and i had a really good conversation with mr. g about my being a "prepa" teacher (prepa is short for preparatoria, which is HS in mexico).
Asides from that, things are well. I am lookin forward to the weekend -- let's face it, as much as i LOVE LOVE LOVE what i am doing, i am DEFFO in need of a break. Five days in a row of 5 am wakeup calls are just... not zesty. so two days of sleeping in are always a must.


Toodles, cruel world.

No comments:

Post a Comment