The week came and went. As I sat down and talked to my friend Erin about it, I realized it was --by far-- the most stressful week I have had since I started my student teaching. Nevermind the first few days when I dreaded standing in front of my kids! Meeting the parents, talking for three hours straight to parents who wanted to know EVERYTHING, having my Spanish 3 and 4 kids fail a test like I have never seen before, "Jem's" outburst in my class, and witnessing cruelty coming from 14 and 15 year old kids completely wore me out.
I couldn't wait for the weekend, I couldn't wait to get out of Boulder and spend time with friends and some of my family... at the same time, I can't talk about it -- so seminar was MUCH needed this week. People just don't really get it, and I feel bad about boring people with my High School drama... I wish I had more teacher friends to share my frustrations with... but I guess that won't happen til I become a real teacher? It's not even about sharing the frustration... it's about feeling understood and not so alone....
May the homecoming festivities begin!
xoxo,
Bee
No comments:
Post a Comment