Wednesday, December 17, 2008

...Ms. hepburn + scantrons

I was handed a Hepburn painting/picture on Tuesday, courtesy of my 140 students and Mr. G. I felt tears coming in, but I held them back. My students are noticeably sad, and I've received cookies, a necklace, Christmas cards, and most importantly: hugs. But let's not talk about them, let's talk about me! I AM A MESS. Today only I cried on three separate occasions, like full, blown out, mascara running crying because one of my students started crying first... and because my students didn't even want to get pictures because it would make things "Real." It's upsetting... but as another student said: "you will get more students soon..." I just hope I get as attached to them as I am to these little boogers.
In reality they got it good though, because they are my FIRST students... and 10 years down the line I am probably still going to remember them! I gave them my email and when I got home I found one message from "J," the girl who made me cry today:

Miss Bee I miss you already!!!

Love
J

I mean.. HOW CAN I KEEP FROM CRYING AND BEING SAD WHEN THEY ATTACK ME WITH KINDNESS?

In other news, everything with the new girl taking over my apartment is all working well. We are signing the lease tomorrow... so it is REALLY the beginning of the end. Come January 3rd, a new person will have taken my room, my car will no longer be seen cruising down 36 at 6:45 in the morning, I will not be caught walking back home from pearl street at whatever time of night, I am not going to run into people at target, or at the mall.... Sadness is coming from all angles... I thought holidays were supposed to be happy timesssss!!! :( :( :(

1 comment:

  1. change is sad. those were some very very lucky students. anyone who is so blessed to have you as a teacher in the course of your career will never forget you (in a good way ;)

    ReplyDelete