Friday, May 15, 2009

Glorified Babysitting

And I am back at CSH for two days to babysit for a Social Studies teacher. The more I do it, the more I see how much i REALLY don't like subbing. It's terrible. I sit in the classroom for 8 hours and watch kids. I nanny. And they pay me 10 bucks an hour to do it. It's so not zesty. However, it is keeping me afloat for the next couple of weeks, so I guess I can't complain too much.
This lady's students are absolutely terrible, though. You can really tell who are the good teachers and who are not the good teachers by the way students treat you. The particular group I am talking about walked in the classroom feeling entitled to a quite long list of things, ranging from going to the bathroom/locker/water fountain within MINUTES of the bell ringing, talking to me like I was their housekeeper, all the way to assuming because I was the sub they got to watch a movie and not do anything else. Well, honeys, they were wrong. I busted out the whiplash and laid down the law. They hated me and I loved it.
In other news, my provisional license arrived at home yesterday. I know, it's provisional (which means I have to have it for three years before being considered for a professional license), but it means I am actually a teacher in the eyes of the State of Colorado. score.
This weekend is looking to be pretty chill, nothing too intense - prob a movie, seeing some friends and sleeping. ahh yes.... sleeping

xoxo,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment