Today I drove my butt up to Westie to visit SLHS, Mr G and some of the gators that still care bout my existence. Lol. JK, they care. The seniors were gone, which made me sad. I would've loved to see them. But i saw a lot of the students that I didn't get to see last time, and it was so thrilling to see how much they have grown! Some of them have grown inches! Some of the girls have completely changed their hair, some of the guys are now dating new girls! It was such a wakeup call. I mean, I haven't been their teacher for just five months, but their lives have moved millions of miles ahead. I missed those millions of miles. I was lucky enough to eat lunch with two of the kids that are very close to my heart, and of course G. We went to our much beloved chipotle, enjoyed some laughs and then returned to school. Even though it was just a couple of hours, it was a good way for me to get some closure on my last year as a student (undergrad, that is). It is amazing to see the kids moving forward, some of them giving up on Spanish as a whole, yet some of them willing to fight their way through AP (or study their way, i should say).
Congratulations to Kelly and Darren on their wedding day. What a beautiful bride :)
No comments:
Post a Comment