Good Evening faithful reader... if you are even out there.
Day three of training has ended, and I find myself at 9:51 going over everything the day brought. I feel like I am standing in the middle of a very busy highway, and cars are just speeding by. I feel like SO much has gone down the past couple of days that I have a hard time going over each and every single detail. I guess that's an issue with my profession, not being able to recall everything to detail because there's much much much going on.
I made it to school pretty early today, with about 15 minutes to spare before breakfast. I ran into R, one of the dept. chairs of World Languages. I don't think I have spoken much of her, but she is the German teacher and she is FAB. She is funny, quirky, interesting, experienced, smart, and allergic to onions. She has been there since my first interview, and has given me nothing but great pointers and lots of encouragement. Today we walked down two flights of stairs to breakfast... then she looks at me and says:
"Would it be politically incorrect to ask you to meet my son? See, I think you guys would be great. He would KILL me if he heard me now, but you are so sweet I wouldn't mind it if you guys... you know... dated!"
What exactly are you supposed to say to that? I mean, the whole "teachers trying to find me a husband" thing keeps coming up with the CSH teachers, but R has only known me for a couple of days! Is it THAT obvious that I am single? Because, people, trust me... I am not publishing my single-ness for the world to hear! I am just me... and I don't have a ring... how do people KNOW? Maybe I am that transparent.
Anyway, I kind of laughed it off only to hear her asking another WL teacher their opinion on the matter. Oh, R!
One (or a few) thing(s) that happened today was that teachers walked up to me and introduced themselves. Granted, I will probably not remember many names tomorrow, but the intention is what counts. Everyone's been so warm, and I am sure I have already said this in previous posts... but I feel like I am part of a family. I might not even know the name of all my relatives yet, but I am part of it nonetheless. Can't wait to see where I am six months from now!
The meetings got done quite early today, so I was able to start setting up the room as far as decor goes... again, won't post here until it is DONE, but it looks mighty good! I am very proud of myself. After the staff social I went to Lakeshore and purchased some more things for the room. I can't WAIT to see it finished!!!!
Tomorrow the freshmen will be at school, so Link shirts will be worn at all times. It is also picture day... I am wearing a big obnoxious bow on my hair. Hehehehehehe.
Peace,
B
No comments:
Post a Comment