Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year/Decade!

I hope you had a fabulous New Year's Eve, but even if you did not, I hope you have an AMAZING year 2010. I can't believe it is a brand new decade! A brand new year to get closer to all our hopes and dreams. What are you waiting for?
I have to say I always forget my New Year's resolutions. Normally they include something related to my weight, or trying something new, and ALWAYS traveling. I couldn't tell you what they were last year, but I CAN tell you what I accomplished in the past 12 months of my life:

- I finished my School of Education program, and graduated (again).
- I was a full-time substitute teacher for 8 weeks, which led me to meet some amazing individuals.
- I lost 21 pounds, and will continue to lose some more weight this year. I joined Weight Watchers in May and it's been doing wonders for me.
- I found a way to relax, and work out at the same time: Yoga.
- I actually have GONE to yoga! (that is a HUGE deal!)
- I got a full-time job as a Spanish 1 and 2 teacher.
- I went to California, and saw a lot of new places I had never been to. Went to the beach, which is something I have to do at least once a year to keep my sanity :)
- I FINALLY bought a new car (thanks, Cash for Clunkers!).
- I FINALLY started paying off my school loans.
- I FINALLY scrapbooked my WHOLE senior year of college.
- I scored a 106 in bowling for the first time in my entire 24 years of life.
- I didn't ruin ANY of my clothes because I read ALL of the labels!
- I carved my first pumpkin.
- I read many books: I re-read the Harry Potter series (almost done with book 7), some graphic novels, Nineteen Minutes, My sister's keeper, The secret life of Bees, the Twilight saga, among many others.
- I was successfully observed by the principal, as well as the assistant principal of my high school.
- I was commended for my data-gathering ideas, and the way I used it to encourage students and re-focus my teaching.
- I paid all of my bills on time.
- I managed to save more money than I ever have in my entire life. I now have a system (kinda).

Whether small or big, these accomplishments mean something to me and therefore I am proud of myself for every single one of them!

What did YOU accomplish in 2009?

No comments:

Post a Comment