Yay for getting any and all Holidays off! It is one of the few perks of being a teacher (along with my sweet discount at Corepower). I spent my weekend doing a lot, but not a lot at the same time. Friday afternoon came with the news that some of my fellow coworkers were getting together for FAC. I invited Shiloh over, and we had some good laughs. Amanda, one of the math teachers, gave me a good idea to get more involved: becoming the freshman sponsor for the 2010-2011 school year. I will talk to the teacher who organizes student gov't tomorrow to see if this is a possibility or not.
After some teacherly interactions, I had a lovely evening with Ms. Molly Joy. We went to get dinner, after I caved, and then we went to see Leap Year. Totally recommended if you want a girls' night out! Every time I see Amy Adams on screen it reminds me of how much I ADORE her. She had the cutest outfits, and I totally wanted her beautiful Irish man for my birthday. I repeated this several times throughout the movie. MOLLY I WANT HIM FOR MY BIRTHDAY!
On Saturday I went to yoga, and then I spent some quality family time with my sister and Jazzie. We celebrated her 11th birthday by going to Park Meadows and shopping around for some high-top Chuck Taylors and then got her a gorgeous red pea coat. She looks like a lady. Then we went over to my sister's and had some delicious Dulce de Leche cake that she made. It was a good time.
Yesterday I went to yoga in the morning, and then I went to see Leslie and Evie. Leslie looked sooo tired, but also very happy. Evie is growing quickly. She is beautiful as always. We spent some quality time watching True Blood. I ended my night with Shiloh at the Cheesecake Factory, and followed with a margarita at the Rio. I met Shiloh's new boy interest, which was very fun. I enjoyed meeting him and I approved. We then parted ways.
This morning, I spent MLK's day at yoga and then doing some laundry throughout the day that took entirely TOO long for me to finish (7:45 pm). I also went to my weekly meeting, in which I lost .4 pounds. Trust me, after eating out two out of the three days of the weekend I was grateful for that much being lost! My plan is to be much better this week!
Tomorrow my kiddos at Level 1 have a project due. I look forward to seeing how well they did, and if they even did it at all! I intend on being a pretty tough grader, so I hope they aren't all sassy.
I honestly do not feel like going back to school after this long weekend, but it must be done. Last week we had "Welcome back week," which is practically like homecoming version 2.0. We had a pep assembly on Friday, and I was sooo pleased to see the freshmen already getting their cheer right and actually beating the sophomores! They had the most points overall, and they definitely beat the seniors by many points... the only thing is they divide it into "two houses." The upper house and the lower house. I would've given the little ones both trophies. After booing the assistant principal, planning a kegger to boycott the dance, AND also yelling profanities at the sophomores during the rally, I don't think they deserved ANYTHING. I made sure to voice my opinions to all my classes, everyone BUT my one senior agreed :)
And, I think that's all for today. It is 8:20, but I want to hit my bed early so I can have energy for the kiddies tomorrow.
Much love,
Bee
ps, I am 12 classes into my 30 class challenge! SO CLOSE to being halfway done!
No comments:
Post a Comment