Thursday, February 4, 2010

"I just punned you"

That is a direct quote from one of my students, who turned the word PUN into a verb. I figured in this day and age pretty much ANY word can be turned into a verb...
Facebook --> facebooking
Text --> texting
Blog --> blogging
Kanye --> Kanye-ing/Kanye-d
LOL --> LOLing
IM--> IMing
... do you see where I am going?
Anyway. I absolutely became discombobulated after my student said that. I laughed out loud for about 5 minutes. I told him I would write it down - in reality it was just a reminder to myself of the fact that I needed to blog about it. So there you go.

In other news, I have been dragging my feet ALL week. Starting with Saturday the 30th, I literally have not stopped. We went out for my birthday. ALL the people I love took some time to celebrate my 25 birthday with me... Jeff, Kris, Molly, Alex, Teresa, John, Safko, Kelly, Jennifer, Shiloh, Barber and Christopher. We ate dinner at Lime and then danced the night away downtown...





On Sunday I woke up at Shiloh's and we made a delicious breakfast. I left her house early ish, got home and ran around like a maniac... finished the weekend with a candlelight yoga class.
On Monday I had to stay at school late for a parent meeting. I had to meet with a mom who couldn't understand how her son had a C in my class. Lady: CHECK INFINITE CAMPUS. THAT'S WHY I SPENT HALF OF MY LIFE UPGRADING ASSIGNMENT SCORES. Seriously. The meeting was pointless. Then I went to WW and found out that - though I ate out about 7 out of 7 days - I had made some right choices because I lost almost 2.5 pounds! It felt so good! After WW, my sister and I booked it over to yoga. The chick who taught the class took entirely too long, and I wound up going to bed a whole hour and a half later than usual.
Going to bed late on Monday would not have been a problem, had I not planned a crazy day on Tuesday! Shiloh, Tiffany and I scored some half off tickets to go see Legally Blonde: The Musical on Tuesday night. We met up at Shi's and Tiffany drove down to Downtown Denver. We had dinner at Osteria Marco, an absolutely fabulous little restaurant in one of the many basements of Larimer street. The appetizers, the wine, the pizza AND the desserts were all well-worth our money. We headed over to the Buell shortly after dinner and laughed our night off thanks to Elle Woods and the fabulous cast of LB's touring company. It was truly one of the best shows I have ever seen.
I got home at around midnight, and after all was said and done it was 1 am.
On Wednesday we had PLC's, which only means we have to be at school earlier than usual, meet for two hours and then proceed to teach a bunch of kids who have slept in. I HATE PLCs. We have never accomplished anything worth talking about on this blog. Plus, the people were particularly whiny - I had only gotten three hours of sleep and I was more productive than anyone else in there. After PLC's I stayed a little late finishing up some grading, then headed home. Went to yoga and afterwards went to the Fox and the Hound and proceeded to stay out til 10 pm yet again.
This morning I could barely get out of bed. I have clearly overdone myself, and now my body is punishing me. I met up with Barber after school, we gossiped, had a bite and then I came home. I was borderline comatose, but put on those yoga pants and skiddaddled over to Corepower. I made it to a C 1.5 class, which was simply amazing. I felt so proud of myself for going, because it was 100% worth my time. Tomorrow I have sworn off all kinds of social events. I am going to school against my will, teaching against my will, driving my Latin butt home and PTFO.
Can't wait to sleep.

Hope you guys' week has been great... and congratulations, by the time you read this you will have made it through the first week of February 2010.

Love,
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment