Shiloh wrote something about good deeds and it reminded me of an awesome thing one of my favorite kids did for me earlier this week. On February 6th, chemists celebrate Mole Day. Students normally make "moles" with different themes and then they have a little party to celebrate Avogadro and his achievements. I never got to celebrate Mole Day, because I showed up halfway through the school year.
My student, Ty, showed up third period with an AWESOME looking mole. It was blue, with sparkles and yellow eyes. I said "oh my gosh! it is an Avatar mole!" and he just laughed and said "yes! it is!" I told him how I never got to celebrate Mole day and how I have always had a soft (and slightly bitter) spot for the holiday. I confessed I always wanted to make a mole, but it just was not as fun unless it involved chemistry.
At the end of the period, Ty walked up to me with his Avatar mole and said "here you go, Ms. Bee. I think it would look better on your desk anyway." It.made.my.day.
I owe you guys a picture, but now my Avatar mole sits happily with my red teddy bear (also a gift from a student). Today I walked in, and thought "hmm... I gotta name this mole." I haven't come up with any good Na'vi names lately, so if you do let me know!
xoxo,
B
What about Pie Day? 3.1415926 (March 14) If you want to get really technical, the most awesome Pie Day will be 3/14/15 at 9:26 AM.
ReplyDeleteAnd by Pie I mean Pi......but you eat pie :-)
ReplyDelete