I woke up this morning at 4 am after traveling all day yesterday. I have yet to go back to sleep and it is noon here in sunny Colorado. We left the hotel at 7 50 am and I did not arrive in Colorado until 6 25 pm (2:25 am in Madrid, from where we departed).
To be quite honest, the past 24 hours have not been the best for me. I spent the first 2 hours of our 9 hour flight from Heathrow to Denver bawling my eyes out.
When we landed in Heathrow, our group of 22 had less than an hour to go from the plane with no gate, on a bus, to the real terminal 3. To then take another bus to terminal 5, to pass security, to then run like crazy to our gate. If I had been alone, I wouldn't have worried... but just getting off the plane took us a good 20 minutes, for all the vehicles busing us to the terminal were of about 30 people and we were all the way on the back of the plane.
We made it with barely enough time. We were all sweaty and hyperventilating by the time we got to our gate... it was crazy. We sat inside of the plane that would take us home, and as I went to put my passport away, I noticed my purse was lighter than I remembered...
My camera was gone.
Gone. And the sad part is that I knew exactly where it was: in the pocket of my British Airways flight from Madrid to LHR. I hurriedly talked to the cabin people... to no avail. I was told to contact BA as soon as I landed @ my destination and that "if it was found, they would get it to me." If, of course, being the operant word on that sentence.
Needless to say, the first thing I did at 4 am this morning when I awoke, was buy a phone card through Skype to call Lost Property at Heathrow. My camera was not there yet. I was told to call again on Saturday.
Please pray for me and my camera.
I don't care about the camera itself. I care about the 1300 memories I was carrying back to the States with me.
Love,
B
No comments:
Post a Comment