Monday, August 9, 2010

when you get older, time flies by.

As soon as I hit my 20s, I realized one thing: As the years go by, the time seems to fly by. It feels like just days ago when I was finalizing grading and packing up to go to my cousin's wedding in Texas. That was almost two and a half months ao.
This summer is over! Summer of 2010 officially ends tomorrow at 7 30 am, when I will be sitting in one of the many meetings scheduled for this week.

So where did this summer go, you ask?

Rockies games. One with Shiloh and Amanda, which ended in some crazy shenanigans at LoDo. One with my lover, Rich and his dad.

Texas wedding. At the Houston Yacht Club, and surrounded by my dad's side of the family. Scotch and cokes all over, as well as some kickass music.

A trip to Europe. 14 days of traveling, walking, sightseeing, learning, being amazed by how stunningly beautiful the Old World really is.

A lost camera. A pink Sony Cybershot containing over 1000 pictures of my 2 weeks in Europe, along with some personal shots of my cousin's wedding - among other things.

Fútbol. Thanks to the FIFA for organizing the World Cup. I spent more time than I am willing to admit glued to the TV and rooting for the CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO! (arriba España!!!).

Pool time. I acquired an awesome tan by going to the pool with Shiloh, as well as my sister and the kids. First time my legs have actually TANNED in 25 years of life.

A friendship all patched up. Matt and I have put our differences behind us and we have gone back to where we should've always been: FRIENDS. Lots of fun times have been had by all, and our group of friends is once again whole. No shared custody.

Movies. Lots of good movies this summer! Toy Story 3, Inception, Dear John, When in Rome,  Sex and the City 2, Eclipse, Shrek 4, Despicable Me!, Salt...

TV Shows. I found myself obsessing over one particular show: WEEDS. I managed to get through every single season that is out so far (5 seasons, in case you did not know). Also, caught up with Parenthood, How I met your Mother and fell in love with my newest guilty pleasure: Pretty Little Liars.

Books. I finally finished reading The Lost Symbol. I read two Marquez books: Memorias de mis putas tristes and Del amor y otros demonios. I read Bitter is the New Black, the Lovely Bones, and also Walking Dead book 3.

College Application. After much thinking and pondering, I finally started the application process for a Masters Degree at UNC. A lot of bitching and moaning to come - stay tuned! (starting Spring 2011).

Catching up with good friends. I brought Vinny, and Jennifer back into my life - where they should've both been this entire time!!! It is difficult to keep in touch when everyone is busy running around.

Las Vegas. My sister got hitched, and I took a nice little weekend trip to Las Vegas, where I almost died of a heat stroke. Needless to say, though, it was a grand ol' time.

Downtown. I learned a lot about downtown, and spent a lot of my summer nights down there. Learned to love Sing Sing, Jackson's, Lime, the Tavern and LoDo (and the Grizzly Rose, not sure if it counts). I ate my very first raw oyster at Jax (yum!), ate my very first Denver gyro, and got soaked in the rain. Also, enjoyed every single lightrail ride, whether going there or coming back!

Pictures. After the passing of my uncle, I spent a lot of time putting the pictures into some sort of organized fashion and scanning a lot of them. I am not done, but I will continue to work on them during the school year.

Lady GaGa. After much suffering over the fact that I was not going to be able to go, my friend Molly and I decided to say "screw it!" and we ventured out to the festival de Gagalupe. It was worth every single penny. The woman is a goddess.

Hangin' out with loved ones. I spent countless amounts of hours hanging out with the people I love... starting with my parents, the Storeys, ElleTea and co., Shiloh, the Chatfield crew, Safko + co, Jennifer, Boulder friends, etc.

2010 is turning out to be one of the best years ever. I sure hope the SCHOOL year lives up to my expectations.

Second year of teaching: I am SO ready for you!!! Bring.it.on!


xoxo,

Bee

1 comment:

  1. I remember a few (or at least one) special light rail moment. Hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete