I have spent another Valentine's Day as a single girl and I am ok with it. I arrived at school yesterday and had a little bag of chocolates and a card from my beloved Becky. I went upstairs and found a chocolate and a card from Robin, a little note from Jane's Daughter with a chocolate
...and later on in the day?
A "Hello Kitty kit" from one of my students! She went to Target and who knows what other places and filled a pink box with tons of HK stuff: stickers, a notebook, three different flavors of lip gloss, hand wipes, pencils... I don't even know what else! It cracks me up that my kids now see "Hello Kitty" and just bring me stuff. It makes my day to know they think of me a bit outside of school... she was the greatest Valentine ever!
I spent the day playing V-day bingo with my students, teaching, listening to love songs in Spanish and wishing that my fake bio teacher boyfriend would know how much I want him to notice me...
I did make a HUGE move (huge for my standards). I learned at our last FAC that he has never seen How I met your mother... if we ever date, he NEEDS to know what the crazy/hot scale is, what a blitz is, what "oh honey" refers to... so I had to figure out a way to get him hooked. I own the first two seasons, and while I am not a big DVD lender because I trust no one... I decided I would take a little step out of the comfort zone:
"Wams,
I may not know who Chevy Chase is, but I am pretty sure I know what funny looks like. Give this one a shot.
B"
I pasted that note to Season 1 of HIMYM and placed it on his chair when he wasn't around to avoid any level of awkwardness... He thanked me for it at the end of the day. I hope he LOVES IT!
Over the weekend I celebrated turning 26 along with a bunch of my friends. Even though we celebrated three weeks late, I absolutely love seeing them all together at least once a year - normally on my birthday. We all have chaotic schedules, and it is nice to reunite and reminisce once every few hundred days. We met up for dinner at the Breck Brewery downtown, and then proceeded to hang out at the Tavern for the rest of the night. It was chill, fun, and extremely refreshing to be out and about, catching up on everyone's life and feeling like I -too- can have a life outside of work... as long as I take care of all my crap on time!
I also had Grad school class on Saturday. I went in a little concerned about my grade, but I walked in to a shiny beautiful 97% on my desk. Super proud of myself... but I have so much to do before our next class. I am freaking out a little bit! I got a lot done this weekend, but having all of my annotated bibliography done by March 5th seems like a crazy feat... considering it's already mid february. Wish me luck!
I must now go to bed. Today was a tough day for us at the Bee Household. Keep us in your thoughts.
xoxo
B
No comments:
Post a Comment