My time in Greeley is quickly coming to an end. Today officially starts the first day of the last five days in this God forsaken town. While Greeley hasn't been as terrible as I expected, I miss the feeling of going out at whatever time of night I desire, without having to look over my shoulder. This town is sketch, and after the sun goes down, I won't leave the dorm unless at least one person is coming out with me. I will be happy, though I never expected to say it, to go back home and be able to go get froyo at 9 pm, movies at 10 at night, or getting a late night snack with my brother if the craving arises. I am also strangely missing my family, even though I know for a fact that the minute I get back, I will be ready to come back to Greeley - hah. How funny life is. On the other hand, Saturday - the day where we will all head home - will be bittersweet. The people in the program, mainly the people in the dorm with me, have become very close. We have been able to share good times, pissy times, bad times, funny times, and it's simply going to be surreal to wake up on Sunday morning and not get coffee from Erica, watch fĂștbol in the middle of the day, go to lunch together, be slap happy, or work til 1 am...
I am looking at my calendar and noticing how my summer has drastically disappeared. From 87 days, my summer now only has 47 days left. Unfair. Time has gone by so quickly this year. I remember December, when my cousin and her husband were here to visit as if it was a few days ago... and I've just learned that she is currently seven weeks pregnant. SEVEN weeks! where is time going? Harley's also getting her first tooth, and can now sit on her own. I am almost done with 12 credit hours in my MA program, my grandparents were here for an entire month... seriously. Time.is.flying.
This weekend I also had a reality check as far as friendships go. I have realized I need to make some drastic changes within my group of friends, or - more importantly - with the people I think are friends, but continue to stab me in the back. I have simply been too lax, in hopes that something will change. But I need to be honest with myself. I am making a commitment to myself: I am CHANGING this situation. I won't go into details because it is simply not necessary, but I feel like a person who deserves good things... at least good friends. I will try my hardest to not fall back into the same cycle I keep falling into, and I will keep my chin up and move on from this situation that has fallen upon me due to my own negligence. I needed to listen the first time and I did not. Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice (or thrice) shame on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment