Sunday, January 1, 2012

of resolutions and solutions....

Most of my friends who have a blog post their resolutions, plans and goals for the new year either the day before the year starts or on the first day of the year. I am sorry to say that this year I found myself pretty.... unresolved? I am all for improvement, changes, and good things, but I honestly don't really have a game plan for 2012. I guess unconsciously I am setting myself up for success!!
The more I think about it, though, the more ONE particular plan/idea/goal comes to mind: I want to move out.
So, I guess this year's resolution is to save up for a downpayment. I don't want to give myself an amount, I don't want to say I will put away 100 dollars a month, I don't want to say I will move out by 2013... I just want to save up something for a downpayment.
The more time I spend around my family - whom I adore - the more I realize I am hitting that time when moving out is not just an option, it is a necessity. I find myself decorating imaginary living rooms, and painting rooms that don't exist. Fixing up bathrooms and cleaning a kitchen that I probably will not use seem like so much fun all of a sudden!
With that said, 2012 will be my year to start saving up for that new stage in my life that my mind and spirit find themselves desiring so much: a home.
I hope you have a wonderful year of 2012. I hope your dreams, desires, resolutions and goals become a reality... I hope that this is a year of transformation, evolution, and improvement.

Much love,
Bee