I don't know if it is the fact that students just got back from break, or that two days from now it's halloween... but my students have been MAJOR d-bags for the past 48 hours. I am so fed up I am about to up the ante and give them a hardcore exam... kind of the one that screwed them over about four weeks ago.
Sleeping in class, texting, not turning in your homework, and not working in groups when asked to do so IS NOT THE WAY to be.
On the other hand, I am completely caught up w/ grading except for just a few papers that I found last night (Apparently I hide papers I need to grade... must be when I sleepwalk or something). It feels SO good to not stress out about things I need to grade!!! I am spending extra time on the paragraphs the students did over break, so that'll take me a bit longer.
I signed up for the job fair last night. I found out about four different states will be present at the Tabor Center, and also quite a few Colorado school districts will be there! Can't wait. Well, I mean I CAN wait, I am just excited to finally put myself out there.
Tomorrow the girls are hosting a pumpkin carving party, and I am very excited to see them and to carve a pumpkin for the first time EVA.
I also voted for the first time in my American life. It felt sooooooo good, especially because I got to make MY voice heard, and not my parents. I totally saved my "i voted" sticker and put it on my wall, because I was so stoked about it.
In other news, I am ready to take a nap when I get home.
Toodles,
Miss Bee
No comments:
Post a Comment