I haven't posted in a while, which might be a direct consequence of the d-bagness of my students in the past two weeks. I was honestly convinced about the fact that I'd give up and never want to be in a classroom again... but my little rascals, as usual, prove me wrong.
I assigned a skit in ALL of my Spanish 3 classes, which takes place in the hospital. Today I received a fake foot and a fake bloody hand from two of my students so that I could keep them and save them for their skit tomorrow. Another one of the groups went to a different Spanish teacher for corrections just so that they could keep their skit "secret" and have it be a surprise for me. One of my slacker-ish Spanish 4 students EMAILED me an extra credit assignment, and another one requested to make up a presentation he missed. As far as my Spanish 1 kids... I'm trying to find something positive to say, because honestly I can't think of ANYTHING right now... we shall see if they surprise me between now and the end of the week.
Last week was also a bad "lost friend" week. I was a little bit touchy about the subject, good thing friends made up for with with Taboo and Scattergories on Friday night. Sometimes I wonder what I would do without them crazy people.
I spent my weekend doing teacherly things, such as updating my resume, picking an outfit for the job fair, planning, grading, and doing a whole lot of sleeping. I was in the mood to be alone, so I did it for as long as possible. I have found myself craving alone time in the past few weeks... might be the whole "I can't pee from 8 am til like 3 pm" every day situation. I find my kids EVERYWHERE, so it's like I am watched constantly. When I come home the last thing I want to do is talk to someone. GET ME SOME ALONE ROOM! :)
Last week Unity held their Film Festival, too. I was pleased to see quite a few of my Spanish 3 kids come to see Under the Same Moon, and even MORE pleased when I heard their positive reactions to the movie.
Ms. KC and I went to the Job Fair on sunday. I literally spent all day "psyching" myself out. I didn't know what to expect at all! But it was painless and quite informative. I wish the districts would've brought more people for the introductions and stuff, but otherwise it was eye opening and I even got a blue post it placed on my resume! That was my favorite part! Post its are HUGE in the education world! Hopefully the lady does what she said and sends my information on to my former principal. I'd love to find a job. STAT.
So yeah, all in all my week started quite well. Not so much negative-nancyness irradiating from me....
xoxo
Miss Bee
hooray for post-its!!
ReplyDelete