Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's all about VACAYS!


One of my classes working on Day of the Dead Sugar Skulls (or anything else they wanted to make)


What happens when you give a high schooler SUGAR, WATER, FOOD COLORING AND CANDY........


Sugar Skulls (and other shapes) from most of my classes!


MY FAVORITE SCULPTURE OF THEM ALL! --GODZILLA! hahahah


Sugar Skulls painted by my Spanish 1 class...

Teaching this week seems like a breeze when compared to last week, when I was so stressed to have sugar coming out of my ears with the arts/crafts my students made. Happily enough, it is also fall break--starting today. Teachers --and students-- get a full 5 days off, which will be AMAZING for me since my MOFO (best friend from california) is coming to visit me!

I finally passed out my TWS pre-assessments, and will start working on it today if I EVER make it home (we are going to dinner with Unity Club) and tomorrow, while I wait for my beloved friend to arrive in the beautiful --and frigid-- state of Colorado.

My classes have all been going pretty well. My Spanish 4 class is still giving me crap about actually expecting them to talk, but WHATEVER. They need to get w/ the program. They also got the biggest assignment over break for being lazy bums.
Spanish 3 classes are all finally getting the imperfect. However, in recent days I realized in WAY ahead -- like 2 chapters ahead-- in the book, SO i have to slow things down A LOT, otherwise by the time I leave students will have finished the book!! That cannot happen! So I have decided to re-arrange what I have been doing so as to not breeze through things!
Spanish 1 is going okay, we have slowed down again... but I still love those chuckleheads. We are watching a movie today because they have worked very hard this week... and as Mr. G says -- it isn't always about working working working working, we ALL gotta enjoy it!--

I had a great evening with my friend Alex "panda bear" Leong last night. I invited myself over to his apartment and got the exclusive tour, along with a glass of water and AMAZING company for dinner. Alex, Greg (his roommate) and I went to dinner at Red Robin (yum!) and had lots of laughs... that dinner was deffo something I have not done in a while. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to it happening again some time soon.

I also visited not one, but two of my students at their workplace in my neverending search for the perfect Snow White costume. One of them -- J (who is also one of my faves, but don't tell her!)-- walked me around and tried to convince me to buy the skankiest outfits they had (joking of course), and some of her coworkers didn't even believe I was a teacher at all! It was funny, but also very refreshing to see students outside of the school environment.
no. i did not find my costume. !@($!_$**##*@#%#%

No comments:

Post a Comment