Tuesday, October 14, 2008

... Pollito, chicken, Gallina, hen, Lápiz, pencil y Pluma, pen....




It was all fun and games until this morning I walked into the WL office to encounter a gloomy, cold and dark mood. A dear teacher to many, and a former department chair, passed away last night. I met her a few times, very sweet lady. She had been enjoying the retiree life for five months, and had enjoyed a cruise with her family in the Mediterranean up until just a few days ago. It took everyone almost the whole day to adjust to the idea that Diane will no longer cruise around the hallways of SLHS or sub for any language teacher at her beloved school. May the angels and the stars give you good company, Diane!

Mr. G has been busy with his life as a future holder of a MASTERS. I am jealous, but at the same time kind of relieved because the much needed TIME ALONE i wanted with my students has served me right in many areas. I think i am finally getting somewhere with my Spanish 1 class, i feel like they have grown to respect and understand me (not that they didn't respect me before, but now they see where i am coming from and the type of teaching i want to provide to them), and little by little i have learned new things about them. I also have developed very special relationships with students, which makes me long for more time at the high school but also makes me yearn for my own classroom. I want to get started, I feel ready and I am pumped... now I just need to find someone to give me the chance and deposit their trust in me. I am SO ready. SO SO SO SO SOOO READY.

No comments:

Post a Comment