Today we took our first Spanish 3 class to the Chipotle activity they've been looking forward to ALL year. Well. All semester. They were so stoked to get out of the classroom and do something different with their block day. Surprisingly enough the quiet kids did AMAZING and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they really can communicate and that they really have great pronunciation when they are put in a real situation. I loved seeing "T" --one of my quiet/irresponsible ones-- step up to the plate and do a wonderful job. Even the Chipotle people were pleased and asked when we would be coming back... to which I sighed and said "maƱana..."
Tomorrow and Friday we are taking the last two classes, so we shall see how it goes. I THINK they liked the activity, and even more when we came back to the classroom and they had free time.
Today I was able to update my gradebook online and transfer all my grades from the binder up to Infinite Campus, something I've been dying to do for the past two and a half weeks. Crazy how time goes by. Tomorrow I gotta teach my kids the verb SER and prepare them for the exam on Friday.
Mr. G arrived to school today with the wonderful news that a teacher from CHS emailed him to ask him about me and to get my information because they need someone to cover a maternity leave on the second half of next semester. A REAL paycheck? check! I am waiting to see if this teacher gets ahold of me, and I am eager to meet her and potentially get my FIRST real teaching job!!! OMG!
Tomorrow is our yearly TXgiving celebration with the dorm girls. I am making a "remember when..." DVD and putting it together so I can show it tomorrow. Just a fun little time to look back and also look forward into what seems like a future that is arriving more quickly than any of us ever thought. Scary, but true.
Today a girl is coming to check out my apartment, I can't wait to meet her because she seems like the perfect person. I am praying!!!
Much <3
Bee
No comments:
Post a Comment