Sunday, January 25, 2009

shaving off all the bad...


The weekend has gone pretty much just like the past few weekends -- if you have not read the previous entry then do it, because things have not changed with my dad in any way, shape or form.

Today I attended a "shearing" party for my friend "monkey"s mom. She started receiving chemo, and instead of letting go of herself and giving up... she decided to throw a party on the day she shaved her head. She invited friends, cooked up all kinds of delicious stuff, and opened up her house. She had her hairdresser shave her beautiful hair, all this with a smile on her face. It was amazing. Seeing a person take on this challenge with such a positive attitude is simply unbelievable, and witnessing all her friends supporting and cheering her on was another one of those life-changing/re-evaluate your life kind of moments. I am glad monkey invited me. I am glad I got to see her, and her mom, and share stories, laugh, and even talk about on-line dating. I think "we can do it" and I wish her all the best.

My birthday is coming up. I am turning 24. This is by no means where I expected to be at 24 years of age, but I am content with the person I am today. I am lucky enough to have parents that support me, a roof over my head, food to eat, and a college degree. Just like every other human out there, I wish I could have more... but in all reality I have enough and what I desire will come in time. So I hope...

I am going to meet my new students on Wednesday. I am scared, but also very excited to see their faces and see what they are like. I am interested in seeing Miss "Lev" in her element, teaching her students and running her classroom. I intend on learning from her, and also having her learn from me. I cannot wait to meet the other teachers, and once again become a part of something. God knows I am wasting myself away in the four walls that make up my room.

We went to pick up Miles in the Springs yesterday. It is stunning how quickly kids grow. I saw him a mere two weeks ago and he's already creating more complex sentences and looking more and more like a young man. Today he showed up in an orange striped polo and dark wash jeans... he looked like a miniature version of his dad. Simply adorable. I look forward to seeing them every weekend..Who knew... maybe I do like kids after all.

I have health insurance now. Well.... starting Feb 2nd. I am pretty excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment