Friday, February 20, 2009

Don't blame me, Rankal...

I had my job interview today. It went really well, and the teacher said "she had a good feeling about me." I feel like we connected and she was able to see who I am, what I want to do and where I want to go with my career. This job would only be a stepping stone, an underpaid stepping stone, but one that would allow me to have a full year's worth of experience at the level that I wish to teach (4).
The school, DRHS, seems to be a bit older than CSH, and the hallways are much more narrow than CSH!! I can imagine the mess at the sound of the bell! They have older books, and not as much technology, which is impressive given that they are literally next to each other... but I like a challenge... and as I told her: I'd do it for the love of the art, and not so much for the money.

In other news, I have finished putting together my desk, and my room actually feels like my room for a change. My command center's pretty sweet looking, and it's got plenty of room to get MORE crap! (yay!)

I went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic on Monday w/ my sis, Leslie and --yes-- Rankal. I loved it. I have read quite a few magazine articles about brainless chick flicks, such as He's just not that into you, Bride Wars, and even Shopaholic. I think that I understand where people are going saying that movies are portraying these shallow, narrow minded girls; especially from "Into you" and the horrific Bride Wars. However, I also think that it's those kinds of movies that let us get out of the house and sit down with a soda or some pop corn and NOT worry, NOT think, FORGET about all the bad in the world..... Maybe more substance is needed, I agree, but at the same time I like just seeing a cute red head wearing a weird-but expensive-outfit walking around and talking to mannequins in order to forget about my own personal financial woes. Maybe I enjoy seeing Gigi running after guys because it makes me feel better about myself (given that I would NEVER EVER do that) and maybe I like to see two best friends fighting (as stupid as the movie might be) because it allows me to see that best friends DO fight and it DOES get ugly, but that in the end it's the friendship that matters and not the dress, the boy, the plaza or the drama.
I dont know... that's just my take on things.

xoxo,
Miss Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment