So I honestly thought my subbing at CSH was supposed to start as this nice, smooth transition into the end of the semester. Students knew I was coming in, the date was set up, and things would be left in order for me to take over and not worry about picking up loose ends...
WRONG.
Of course the pregnant teacher is having issues, and thus it's been a mess ever since Thursday, when she informed me the c-section was taking place almost two full weeks prior to what she had planned with the doctor. So I arrived on Friday at CSH, without much idea of what the hell is going on, and taking over for a teacher that is clearly not quite ready for me to pick up her semester. I start full time tomorrow (MARCH 3RD), after waiting 72 hours to hear from Miss Lev. Friday was hectic, but things were semi in order.... But as usual, I do not want to focus on the negative, I want to focus on the hilarious.
Amanda and Somer both helped me a ton on Friday. Plus, I can already tell Amanda will for sure be my partner in crime. At lunch time, I went into her room and she invited me to lunch with her and Somer. We went to Einstein's, and got food (just a drink/chips in my case) and then went back to school. As usual, tons of hilarious stories. "Notorious" being one of them. Apparently Notorious (aka Miguel) is this new kid that just arrived at CSH, he has been in jail *apparently for murder* and is 18 years old. He goes to CSH because the judge though putting him in an "upper class" school would help him focus more on school than on his gang. Can we spell wrong? Apparently, Miguel -- who refuses to go by his real name and has EVERYONE including teachers calling him Notorious-- is creating havoc left and right, and has stolen a bunch of crap....just a matter of days 'til he goes back to jail, say the teachers.
Second hour rolls around, HORRIBLE smell of pot starts appearing in my room, I start pacing to try to find the culprit. Nada. At lunch time, Amanda reveals to me that she too smelled the pot! and that she called security and they tried to figure out what the deal was.... she thinks that the kids were probably just stupid enough to smoke pot right next to the vents, which then proceeded to bring the smell of pot not just to A wing, but to B wing according to witnesses reports. LOL.
Remember that kid with the marriage proposal? He proposed to Amanda too... so I am no longer worried about it. She said she's even had a kid propose with a ring made out of a dollar bill... how rock n roll.
My CSH ID features none other than a picture of me being handcuffed by the school sheriff. Just another way to say "Welcome to CSH!"
Oh the joys of being a teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment