Second day of CSAPS, 4 more to go. CSAPS, although they have not been the funnest/most productive days, have turned out to be a great way for me to start teaching at CSH, because teachers are around, there's been downtime for me to do planning and also because I only see a couple of classes a day, which allows me to become a bit more familiarized with the kids at a slower pace.
The teachers have been very sweet, and have done plenty to make me feel comfortable and like I have a couple of shoulders to lean on. There are also two student teachers in the mix and another long-term sub, which means I am not the only n00b around. Seventh hour kids yesterday were a bit rough, turns out they are one of the toughest/lowest average classes, the group is mostly boys and only five girls so it's a bit hard to manage. I think that even though they are very intense and energetic, I can make a difference and help them out. I just need to get through CSAPS first.
We have a staff meeting before school tomorrow... which I am kind of bummed about, but hopefully I can sit next to friendly faces.
One sucky thing about being a long-term sub? I still have to check in EVERY morning.... LAMEEEE.
xoxo,
Miss Bee
No comments:
Post a Comment