Thursday, February 5, 2009

..Oh yeah! and I visited my gators!


I visited my little gators last week *On Thursday* and I just realized with all the getting ready, laundry and excitement of going to Boulder for the weekend, I did not have a chance to post about it!
I woke up early --but not early enough-- on Thursday and got ready to go to SLHS to visit G and my kids. I got there right at the end of fourth hour, so I missed seeing some of my faves (yes, I do have faves!).
I got there and I was held back by the security ladies that -even though they knew me for half a year - did not feel comfortable letting me roam the school... so G had to come get me and "sign a note" saying that "i was there per his request" (wtf?).
We went to the office, where Sutton was patiently waiting for G to get back. Poor Sutton was sickly so I did not get much conversation out of him. We attempted to get Chipotle for lunch, but they were closed, so we had BK instead. Sutton came with us. At BK we ran into DiRenzo, Roll, Pollard and a handful of other students that I was thoroughly excited to see. After that I went back to school, where I practically killed a couple of students with a heart attack caused by emotion. They were sincerely happy to see me and kept asking me when I would be back to teach or back for good. Flack, one of the boys, came up to me and said he had made me my duct tape bracelet that I had asked for all of last semester, but had forgotten to give it to me the last day... so he handed me my brand new duct tape bracelet (which is awesome and i proceeded to wear for the rest of the day). I saw quite a few of my students, and some non-students such as Diablo and the Chalupas. It was really REALLY good to see all of them. La pulled me into the teacher's office and made me wait for him to get his newscast project in Spanish so I could watch it. Him and Bumgardner did an amazing job, and even included funny stuff such as the ToallaWoW! (A knockoff of the shamwow). Fun stuff.
After school I went to G's house, and helped him fix his new computer. It is now working. He took me to dinner at one of those sketchy-looking mexican restaurants that was AMAZING.
The next day I got two emails, and a couple of facebook messages of kids who were simply MAD that they did not get to see me. Now I owe them.


I have to sub tomorrow... full day. Joy!

xoxo,
Miss Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment