Monday, February 2, 2009

Subbing for the first time ever.


Amazing eye-makeup courtesy of MAC store @ 29th street mall


Kar


Bee


Courtina

We all know exactly what we used to say when a sub showed up in class: "YESSSSssSSsSsS!"
Today I was the subject those "yeses" were directed at. I was the sub. Yes. SUBBING FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. Technically I was not supposed to sub until tomorrow, but last night during the 3th quarter of the game (approximately) I received a phone call from a teacher at CSH that had a death in the family. She was in absolute tears and asked me to come in and sub for her all day today. Granted, I feel awful for her, but this is definitely good for my finances.

The subjects I have to cover today are Spanish 4 and AP Spanish. I finally got to experience what an AP class is like. I am a bit on the fence about them, because both classes were completely different sides of a coin. 2nd hour was rowdy, funny, participative and REALLY good, while the other class (3rd hour) was quiet, skeptical, and they even gave a bit of the cold shoulder I would say! (in turn, they had to turn in the assignment that was really homework... just cause they ticked me off MWAHAHA).

So far it's gone very well. Students have been - for the most part - very helpful and good about turning stuff in, answering questions and even telling me where the bathroom is. I am becoming a bit more familiar with the school that will soon be my home for about 8 weeks (maybe even more). It is planning period right now, so things might go downhill after students come for next class, however I'd like to think I'm going to get an easy 100 bucks.

This weekend was absolutely fabulous. I went to Boulder for the first time in a month. My former roommate took the whole weekend off (something that only happens on like National Holidays!), and organized a party for my b-day along with my old roommate Leighton. They invited people over, made cupcakes, decorated and moved furniture around to accommodate everyone. It was amazing. There were people at the party that I see all the time, but also people I hadn't seen in ages. It was a great night to catch up, joke around, have a few beers, dance and find out that we are indeed getting older. Everyone left at around 3 am, time in which Kar, some 'nutters and I proceeded to cross the street and walk down the alley to Shawna's house to play Rockband. It was great making new memories related to that game, but also very difficult for me to know and realize that times past will never be again.

On Saturday Kar and I were a waste of space, and oxygen. We slept in, hung out and stayed in PJs for as long as we could. We caught up on a lot of goss and stuff like that. At around 1 pm we finally got ourselves together and went to The Buff for breakfast with the boys and Leighton. The Buff is officially my favorite brunch place in Boulder; or rather, the state of Colorado. Amazing mimosas, to-die for omelettes and french toast and -- most importantly -- The Boulder Vibe i so dearly miss. At 5 pm, we met up with Courtina and got our eyes done to go out that night. We all looked FIERCE I might add! We dropped Court off, went home and got ready for dinner and a night on the town.

Dinner was really fun, especially because at my former place of work people are always so kind and willing to make sure we are having a great time. Limonjitos, nachos and carrot cake were in order. All in all a great start to the night.

We met up another bunch of people at the Walrus, danced it up at Bacaro and then proceeded to emigrate to the Foundry, were the new feel is more clubby than it has ever been. They expanded the bar area, took off the small stage, built a huge stage towards the back, added a dance floor on the bottom, took off pool tables and even added beer pong tables for everyone to enjoy. The music was by far the best music there's been there in a REALLY long while. We had a great time dancing, but lost a few people as the night went on.

We made it through the night, and then got home courtesy of Jeff's mom's Volvo. Kar and I didn't even manage to take our makeup off because we were so tired. That's how you know it was a great night.

Sunday was chill too. I was lucky enough to see Leighton again, and very excited to meet Steph's Matt -- adorable and very nice guy. The guys had a SuperBowl party... and -- as everything at 33rd and Aurora-- there was amazing food, company and entertainment.

Thank you so much to all of you who were there to celebrate the new National Holiday that is known as Miss Bee's birthday. I enjoyed every second of it (especially the moments where I was dancing.)

And now on to subbing some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment