Again - it's been a while since I posted, but I did not have a whole lot to say regarding school or teaching or excitement (since most of my posts have been pretty excitement-related since summer started). But now that summer is about to conclude -- Nerves have started to kick in.
First of all, a big "holla!" to President Barack Obama for rolling out that C4C program (complains, money running out, and terrible setting up of the program put aside - of course -). I was able to get rid of my not-so-zesty minivan and acquire a brand new 2009 Honda Fit, which means I will no longer have to worry about being left on the side of the road by my 11 year old clunker.
My organization skills have been put to the test in the past few weeks. I have found myself writing and re-writing my class syllabi, making sure that I have clothes appropriate for school, going to Dr. appointments, buying a car, paying off bills, buying classroom necessities, organizing books, figuring out a filing system, and trying to have a social life. Today I also started looking at an M.A. program, which my friend Bess just started this summer. If everything pans out, the Spain trip I wanted for next year will turn into 6 weeks in Santiago de Compostela taking 10 credit hours towards an M.A. in Spanish. I just need to make sure the finance$ allow it. I wouldn't want to get a loan... I am all for paying it as I go. /sigh/
Classes start on the 18th. I am extremely nervous to find out what kind of kids I will have, and whether or not I will actually end up getting the classroom I was promised a few months ago. On Tuesday all the new teachers go in, and as far as I can tell there won't be a whole lot of us at HHS (about 5 according to the letter sent out). I think it will be interesting to meet everyone and seeing whether or not I am the youngest staff member. I am also looking forward to learning more about the WL department....
I started having school-related dreams. I talked to Ms. Hamm, and she told me that when she started teaching she had school-related dreams and nightmares but that eventually they stopped. I believe it might stop once I feel in control of the situation. The only thing I am dreading is sleep-walking like I did while student teaching. Hopefully I won't wake up in the backyard or inside of a closet one of these nights!
All right, must go....
xoxo
B
No comments:
Post a Comment