So, as most of you know I only have less than a month before starting to work at HHS. I have been getting stuff ready, including my benefits/payroll situation + fingerprints + choosing which insurance I'd like to have... etc etc etc I finally finished ALL my paperwork today - including a sort of awkward conversation about a long-forgotten workers comp claim. blech.
Anyway, today I went in and all my paperwork is in order. As I was saying goodbye to the new.hire technician, she said wait! and gave me the biggest hug. She said "I just want to let you know that I wish you the best, you will do great!" It was very sweet, as she's been the person that knows me by first name, knows exactly what I will be teaching, calls me if something's up... etc. She's amazing and I want to buy her chocolates for being so great.
Asides from that, there's tons of stuff going on - from people changing the roof at the house because of the hail damage to me looking all over for a new car, and hoping that the CARS program kicks in FAST so I can have a car before school starts -- a new car, that is! I've looked at a bunch of them, but so far the Fit's the one I like best. The father wants me to keep looking for the cheapest option, yet he forgets that the individual who will be doing the payments is yours truly, not him.
I got home today after spending entirely too much money I do not have at a teaching store and got a mysterious envelope from HHS. I opened it to find just a single piece of paper....
MY SCHEDULE FOR THE FALL SEMESTER! It made it so real, more real than getting fingerprinted, more real than receiving the phone call with the job offer, more real than seeing my classroom... I have a schedule in paper. SO exciting! I finally know that I will have three periods of Spanish 1, and 2 periods of Spanish 2. I will have 1st and 4th off *ah may zinngggggg* + 6th and 7th off one day a week it seems? Not sure about it yet, since the schedule at HHS is like a college-y schedule.... we shall see!
And for those of you who peruse around my page, you will see that I have added my twitter to this thing. Just so you know.
All right, must go
Much love
Bee
No comments:
Post a Comment