Sunday, September 13, 2009

...fall's finally here.

My favorite season of the year arrived this weekend. It was great to see the temperatures drop and the coats coming out. I can't wait for the leafs to start turning different colors, and for people to start wearing cute coats, boots and scarves. Just like it is every year, I have caught my first cold of the season in the past week or so. It is starting to get to my throat, but for the past week my sinuses and my body have not been cooperating with me. I stayed in all weekend in hopes that I'd be better by tomorrow, but clearly it ain't going to be that way. So! I am getting together with Amanda to do some planning this morning, and I am headed to Jessica's house this afternoon to enjoy true blood with other fans of the show. Even if it kills me. I counted! I slept over 14 hours between friday and saturday AND over 10 hours between last night and this morning and it hasn't made me feel better. I had to skip not on one, but TWO birthday celebrations and I am angry at myself for not just GOING! Granted, I'd probably feel like a dead body today.... oh well.
School was a rollercoaster this past week. It seems like 4-day weeks go by more slowly and kids come back more annoying that they do on a Monday. I had a terrible experience with a kid on Tuesday, as a result of counselor's misguiding students/lack of organization/lack of following rules... anyway... the kid blew up on me after school on Tuesday and NONE of it was anything that had to do with me! It was upsetting, because he talked to me in a terrible manner, but at the same time I couldn't feel anything but compassion for him, because he was screwed over! Anyway... the Assistant Principal, the dad, the counselor, the kid and I were all involved.... but by Thursday it was a different show. Things have gotten a lot better with the student, he wound up choosing to stay in Spanish 2, and he's done a 180. I am very glad, but at the same time I can't wait to see how things end up for him this year. I am rooting for him.
I had my meeting with my induction supervisor, and he used the following phrase: "you act like a veteran teacher, not a first year teacher." That was really really really flattering for me as a first year teacher, and as one of the youngest people in the staff. He was impressed by the way I took care of the situation with the student, and even beyond that he said he was really impressed with the atmosphere I have created in my classroom. I was proud of myself.... maybe this is REALLY where I am supposed to be :)
September has also brought the FALL SEASON of tv! I sat in front of the tube with Molly Joy on Wednesday and laughed out loud to the new episode of Glee --- can't wait to see what else they throw at us! On Thursday I enjoyed Vampire Diaries, and this week I can't wait to see CHUCK AND BLAIR as well as OLIVIA AND PETER! **Sigh** How I love television!!!!
All right, must depart!

<3
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment