4 months, 3 sicknesses, one hundred and seventy five students, one big classroom, 2 preps, 4 months of induction meetings, 5 PLCs, one cracked windshield, and 150 graded scantron exams later I finally finished my very first semester of teaching! I made it through and I aced it!
My kids left me very positive feedback on the survey I asked them to write, and their suggestions for next semester were also very good:
-More talking for Spanish 1
-More hands-on for Spanish 2
-Changing the privileges to fit each class individually and not as a whole.
-More games like FlySwatter
So in general, it was nothing about my tests, my activities, or my class as a whole - they just want to tweak a couple of things! That seems fair to me. I will do my best to change things up next semester. One of my plans is to do small clusters... we will see how that works... I don't think the desks will fit if I arrange them that way!
The toughest part about finals was making sure every one of the 1356 steps we need to take was done. I had a hard time with Infinite Campus - per my previous post... but after doing it a couple of times it got a little easier. I hope I don't forget how to do it next semester!
The easiest part was letting the kids go at the end of the 90 minute periods. Though I will miss them I think both parties needed a break. We will hopefully start 2010 with good attitudes and less crappy students!
The coolest part was getting some Xmas love from my students... 20 bucks to starbucks, a gorgeous vase that my student made that lights up! my flower bulb thing, some vanilla lotion.... so nice. I think they might like me!
The funnest part was seeing my CSH ladies not just Thursday night for our last FAC or ThAC in the case of Thursday) but also last night for a "we are done" hurrah! We had our secret santa - and Shiloh got me my awesomeeee winter hat which I can't wait to wear! She also got me a super cool ring! And then she actually was an AWESOME santa and got both Jess and I some cute little artifacts for our classrooms. Very stoked for my Smurfs "mood" magnet. After secret santa we got ready to go out and we went to the Rio downtown for some adult beverages and then we danced some of the night away at a place called the Cowbow Lounge (i think!). It was fun. I never listen to country music, but it has never bothered me. I wish I knew which good groups are out there or good singers so I could get more familiar with it!!! I even line danced! woot!
Now I am waiting to head out with my beloved niece to see Princess and the Frog and buy my sister her second portion of her Xmas present. Hopefully I can find what I want!
Toodles!
Miss Bee
No comments:
Post a Comment