I gave out my tests for my last two Spanish 1 classes today. I don't see my Spanish 2 kids until tomorrow. I asked all my kids today to fill out a survey, if you will, about the semester. Things they liked and things they did not like...
Pretty much every kid wrote down that they liked trivia - not a big surprise, since it has NOTHING to do with Spanish!
But then I read one from a kid that normally drives me up a wall - I can tell he's a good kid... he just has a hard time with authority, and that's fine.
He said he liked that I am a teacher that means it when she says "No." He wrote something along the lines of liking me being strict, instead of a softy...
Then, among the things I could improve, he wrote "I don't mean to be mean, but you seem very 'tensed up' in class sometimes... you need to relax!" I read that and I laughed out loud. He's in my one class period that I dread EVERY single day... and I never really thought that they could tell. Apparently they can because I am "TENSE!" And I found it so endearing that he's worried he might offend me. Oh these kids...
How I love teaching...
oh. I received a flower today from one of my students. It's a bulb. She gave it to me in a really pretty glass cup-like vase so that the bulb is above and doesn't quite touch the water but the roots do. It was cute, she had no idea what it was called, what color it's going to be, how to take care of it... but it was my Christmas present. I have no motherly instinct. I am afraid to kill it. More on the bulb later.
peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment