Thursday, January 7, 2010

88 to go?

Today was a pretty low key day. I managed to falter in my goal of yoga 6 times this week. I decided to go to a 5:45 class because the 4:30 was the C2 class that scares the bajesus out of me. I got home and it was about 10 degrees outside, maybe less. I was freezing. So I sat on the couch and there lays my mistake. I fell asleep. I have been like the energizer bunny this week - go go go go go go - so when I stopped for a minute it was all doomed. I still think I can make the 30 classes. I will just make sure to go Sat/Sun. I even thought about going twice on Sunday and then I re-considered. I am already pushing myself hard enough, I don't want to get sick.
Tomorrow is FRIDAY so it is my day off. I love it when I turn on nbc news and I hear my faithful newscasters say "You have made it through the week!" I swear it always put a smile on my face. Day off means I get to NOT think about yoga, the challenge, how many more pounds I have to lose, or the following week of work. I am meeting up with Shi after school and then we are headed to Hapa with Lindsay for some delish sushi action. I have not been to a Hapa outside of Boulder, so it should be quite interesting! I look forward to my asparagus roll and their AMAZING sunomono salad!

The kids were good today. I think they were not as good as yesterday, but they were still pretty attentive. I thought about food all day - teaching my Spanish 1 kids the food chapter is going to be the death of my Weight Watchers goals, I swear. All we talked about was pizza, burgers, salads, ice cream, etc. It was all so deliciously sounding!
For my Spanish 2 kids I stepped outside my very tight box. I played a race game with them today, and I have to say both them and I had fun. We divided the room into Chicos v. Chicas (boys v. girls). Girls won 6th period, boys won 7th period. It was a good time. We are actually pretty good on review, so I am starting up new material tomorrow - a full day ahead of schedule! Good news and NEVER BEFORE SEEN at my Spanish 2 level!

I think that's about it on the job front. Counting down the days for my quarter of a century, and for the next paycheck!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment