Wednesday, January 6, 2010

89 to go?

I am still not sure about the day count, so until it is confirmed, there will be a question mark next to the title :)

/Side note!/ Yesterday after school I went over to see Leslie and Evie, and she let me hold her... let me tell you how inexperienced I am with babies: I AM VERY INEXPERIENCED! Either way I held her while she slept and she was so warm and sooo adorable. She's got dark hair and she's got these gorgeous blue/gray eyes... There is proof that I held a baby, because she made sure to take a picture while I was doing it and then proceeded to ask me if "I didn't want a baby after holding her." No. I still have no motherly instinct.

Day two @school was pretty awesome. I had plenty of time when I got to school PLUS hall duty, so I planned the rest of the week and made copies and answered a couple of emails. My Spanish 1 kids were pretty good for the most part, my bane and torment from 5th period wasn't there today and the class was PERFECT. Now I truly have proof that he is the problem and not the other 30 kids in the class.
Something very interesting happened today. I was walking into school and I ran into one of my former students. He is a former student because he got a "D" last semester, and therefore he was not allowed to go back into my class this semester. I waved and smiled, not really thinking about it; he looked STRAIGHT at me and then looked away as he walked right past me. I guess I had never been shunned by a student in the hall no matter how much they disliked me. I have now been shunned... another first for my 1st year of teaching.
In other news, there was one more first today: I had to literally stop teaching and take the last couple of minutes of my 7th period to tell them how AMAZING they had been today. I got through not one, but two whole activities. I had struggling students getting help from me, students asking questions like never before and a level of maturity I had never experienced in that class. I hope my praises don't turn them into rotten little jerks tomorrow... but I had to give credit where credit was due and they truly kicked butt! Here's to tomorrow being just as good as today!
I accomplished my fourth day of yoga in a row today and I only have 25 more classes to go before I achieve my goal. Keep me in your thoughts!
Much love,
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment