Tuesday, January 5, 2010

one day down, 90 to go?

Someone told me we had 91 days of classes left (w/o including weekends and holidays, obviously). I haven't counted, but I like that number... so I shall count down from there! Once we get to 1, we shall see if the teacher who blabbed was right or wrong!
A couple of new things... Since I have become a yoga junkie, I decided to sign up for the 30-class challenge they had posted at the studio in Parker. The challenge consists of 30 classes between Jan 1st and Feb 14th. Today I hit #3. Tomorrow #4 and by the end of the week, with Friday being my day off, I will be at #7. I would appreciate it if you kept me in your thoughts, as I have never ventured to do ANYTHING like this. While I like yoga, I tend to get so sucked in at work.... I don't want that to be my excuse to drop out of the challenge. Originally I thought it was an "I did it!" reward, but later on I found out if you do all 30 classes you get a t-shirt... so it's kind of like a beer tour except there is no alcohol involved. I told my sister if I make it through the 30 classes I intend to get schwasted afterwards.... real healthy huh?
I guess I really want to celebrate MYSELF for the first time in 24 years... and after losing those 21 pounds at WW, I really feel so much better about myself and I am so much more confident as the days go by in yoga. Today I witnessed a 16 year old girl almost pass out because a C1 class (recommended for beginners) was too much for her to handle. I weigh at least 60 more pounds than she did, and I was doing the poses and keeping up with the class... again, I patted myself on the back.
I have also been trying to keep really good track of the money I have been spending. I created my budget with excel, and then I created the "actual spending" file, which looks just like the budget - except those are the REAL numbers for the month. I want to see if moving out is actually something feasible for me, and I want to make sure I am saving up as much as I can between now and the time the school year ends.
In other news, kids came back today. I got abouuuut 8 new kids total, without counting those that might come in between now and the end of the week. After seeing them all back, I realized that I truly missed them. One thing I DID NOT miss was repeating myself over and over again. It gets exhausting. I decided my kids needed a crash refresher course on expectations, so I did that 5 times today. SO SICK OF EXPECTATIONS! I don't want to have to do that ever again (until next school year). Kids were pretty receptive in my level 1, and my level 2 were sassy as usual...
I did do one cool thing with my level 2 kids. After we were done talking expectations, I told them I would let them "interview" me as long as the questions were a) school appropriate and b) in Spanish. I don't think I have ever seen ANY of those two classes more involved. I also don't think I have shared with you guys the fact that my kids know next to nothing about me, where I live... they didn't even know how old I was (til today.)
What questions do high schoolers want to know about me, you ask?
  1. Do you have a boyfriend?
  2. Are you in love with a boy?
  3. How old are you?
  4. Where did you go to school?
  5. Did you party in college?
  6. Where have you lived?
  7. Why the crap have you moved so much?
  8. Do you have siblings? How old are they?
  9. Where do you live?
  10. Why do you live so far from school?
  11. What kind of car do you have?
  12. What did you do over break?
  13. What do you do for fun?
  14. Do you go out?
  15. Do you have friends?
  16. How long have you been a teacher?
  17. Are you really as old as my sister?
Those were the seventeen questions I was asked today...
What would you ask me if you were my student?

much love,

Bee

1 comment:

  1. I would ask "Why are you so obsessed with Glee?" "What kind of cupcake do you like?"

    ReplyDelete