Went in bright and early, got to school at 6:35. Hopefully I can repeat that tomorrow, except for the part where I HAVE to gas up or I won't make it to school. Tee hee.
Meetings started 45 minutes late - way to be. The year started with a gloomy note, as two junior girls from AHS committed suicide over break. Unrelated incidents... and terrible time for all of those students and families affected by the tragedy. On a happier and much more selfish note, I was very glad and thankful that it was not one of my own.
After meetings, which also included the announcements that final budget cut-related information would be released the Saturday after my birthday (January 30th), we all went and did our own thing.
I was pretty positive upon entering school, but it's always funny how Debbie Downer can always be found. Can't people be positive every once in a while? Can't people think "geez, I know it will be better this semester!" instead of bitching and moaning? You had TWO weeks to get it out of your system... now I hope the last 24 hours before kids show up tomorrow get those teachers on their toes - because kids do NOT appreciate el-negativo teachers.
In other news, I finished up my break with an amazing first: My very first Broncos game (or NFL game for that matter!). My friends Jess and Chris invited me over to Invesco with them. It was a great time - except for the part where the Broncos lost!
Bee
Super cute picture!!!
ReplyDeleteMy friend had a student committ suicide while she was student teaching. So sad!
WAY TO BE!!!
ReplyDeleteGolf clap.