Monday, January 25, 2010

I have a terrible case of the Mondays...

... ugh.
I hate Mondays.
I hate Mondays when Seniors have 68 days left but act like they are done.
I hate Mondays when ALL I want to do, after waking up five times the night before, is sleep in.
I hate Mondays when I show up at school 100% unprepared for what the day holds.
I hate Mondays when my instructional coach tells me "he loves what I am doing" but has no clue whether or not I will be employed next year.
I hate Mondays when I go to my meeting and I gained a pound cause I had one too many sushi pieces, one too many drinks and one too many bites off a chocolate cake. Ok, that was a lot of too "manies." Don't judge me.
I hate Mondays when I don't get to eat lunch with my lunch-buddies.
I hate Mondays when I don't bring enough food and starve until dinner time.
I hate Mondays when I realize I don't make enough money after all my bills are paid and done.
I hate Mondays when I get 12561 emails from NY & Co, Maurices, and AMEX about a bunch of things I can't afford because I am on a first year teacher's salary.
I hate Mondays when my students don't understand material that is one semester old.
I hate Mondays when the copy room is full and I have to stand around and wait for everyone to be done with their copies.
I hate Mondays when my computer/internet is slow for no apparent reason.
I hate Mondays when my student has my last piece of gum in my gum drawer.
I hate Mondays when I have to grade not one, but 175 tests.
I hate Mondays when I am craving sour candy, and all there is to find is chocolate.
I hate Mondays when I come home and there's nothing on TV.
I hate Mondays when my laundry is not done and I am out of underwear for the week - unless I do laundry on said Monday.
I hate Mondays when kids want to make up stuff on their OWN time, not mine.
I hate Mondays when I have to eat lunch in front of the computer because I had ZERO plans... but strangely love being under pressure and getting that stuff done! I guess that's one thing I don't hate about Mondays, right?
...
sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a rough day :( I'm sorry. Let's email tomorrow. That will help both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry hun :/ At least your birthday is coming up and there will be lots of great things to love about it!

    ReplyDelete