Wednesday, March 17, 2010

of green-ness

Happy St. Paddy's Day! (in case you care)
I wore green today and also decided to sport jeans. I was excited to see more than one other teacher sporting jeans too... no matter what my bro in law thinks about "dressing down." I intend on wearing jeans again tomorrow, for the LINK ice cream social, even though I am not part of LINK.
In case you did not know, my school is EXTREMELY formal. We are technically not allowed to wear jeans on any other day BUT Fridays - however, many of us decide to screw around with these alleged "rules" in order to feel more comfortable while teaching. Let me explain how uncomfortable it is to teach in pants: VERY UNCOMFORTABLE.
I am currently sitting at the "Customer Center" @ Schomp. I am getting Spike's 10,000 mile maintenance. I can't believe he's been with me for 10,000 miles already. It feels like yesterday that I fought with the idiotic salesman, and like just minutes ago when I was driving away in my tiny little Honda Fit. I still love him just as much as I did on that beautiful day!
This week has been intense. While my kids are excited that I have a job next year, they have also been as obnoxious as can be because "break is next week, Ms Bee, do we really have to work?" Um. YES.YOU.HAVE.TO.WORK. I have shit to cover, assignments to give and TONS of things that I did not get to do over CSAP week because we are not allowed to assign any new material (their brains are *whine voice* so tiiiireeed).
I kept my third period 1 minute and 15 seconds through passing period today because they were SO freaking loud and so RUDE that I could not handle it anymore. I closed the class with: "If what you'd rather have is a drill sergeant I would like you to know that I can do that too. Get out." They were freaked out, since they KNOW they are my favoritests!
I kept my fifth period a minute after the bell. What's new - I hate them. Well... penis boy and his posse.
...and I am giving my Spanish 2 kids a SUPER hardcore exam tomorrow... they are scared - as they should be! It is by far one of the hardest tests I have given this year! (some think I am joking... poor unfortunate souls).
In other news...
I announced to my parents that I was moving out. Not my parents, more like my mother. Since you are a faithful reader, it should not come as a surprise to know that my mom's head blew up as the words "I am thinking of moving out" were expelled into the atmosphere. SHE IS PISSED at me. She has barely spoken to me since I told her about it. My dad is out of town and I can't help but wonder what she told him and what he answered. I figured, saying something now is better than walking up to them three months from know and saying "SEE YA!" ---- guess I was wrong. So.wrong.
Shiloh and I have plans of hitting the Melting Pot this weekend... hooray for restaurants that keep 5280 for an ENTIRE month!

Peace,

B

"GO EAGLES!"

1 comment:

  1. Strawberries
    Pineapple
    Brownies
    Marshmellows
    Bananas
    CHOCOLATE!!!!!

    A day in the life of...SHILOH

    ReplyDelete