On Sunday, the ladies from CSH planned a Girls' Day Out. We met up for delicious lunch at Osteria Marco and followed it with "Girls Only: the secret comedy of women," a play over at the DCPA. I have to say it had been entirely too long since I had laughed that hard. It was politically incorrect, funny, endearing, etc... and a room full of women made it 100 times better.
It was really nice to meet daughters, see daughters and in general just HANG OUT! After the play, the day was absolutely GORGEOUS. Jessica, Shiloh and I decided to continue hangin' out and headed on over to the Platte, on Santa Fe. I had never been there, but it is pretty much a HUGE dive bar. It was packed with bikers, which added to the awesomeness of it all. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful Colorado sunshine surrounded by buckets of Coors Light and Bud Light (classy, we know). We actually stayed there for so long that Christopher joined us, then Michael, then Amanda. We didn't leave until almost 10 o'clock at night.
On Monday, I took it quite easily. To be very honest I do not remember much of what I did or where... I do know if I don't remember it normally means I slept in, watched TV, ate and went back to bed! :)
On Tuesday, Shi and I had big plans. The day started off with some delightful Yoga Sculpt, but was sadly shattered when all of our plans went wrong. I forgot the John Mayer tickets at home, I left Parker much later than I intended because of reasons out of my control, it started raining and then we had a major snow storm. The highlights were definitely the fact that we made some DELCIOUS food, and the fact that the John Mayer concert was probably the best concert I have ever been to. Michael Franti opened the concert to about 1/4 of the Pepsi Center, but by the time Mayer came out, it was PACKED.
Shiloh and I sang along, laughed and criticized everyone around us. It was a blast. Needless to say, when it was time to drive from the Park n Ride to her house, we had over a foot of snow on the ground. Good news? Jeffco got a snow day, so she got to stay in with me on Wednesday!
On Wednesday, Spike my car was 100% covered. He was not moving, folks. Shiloh and I spent the day eating and baking. We made breakfast, then made brownies, and also made chili. We watched The Blind Side and lounged around in our PJs. I did not make it home til after 6 pm. I was beat; I also found out that my dear uncle passed... I called it a night after a few eps of How I met your mother and some good Ferrero Rocher action.
On Thursday my day started off EARLY. I needed to feel like I was accomplishing things and I needed to be busy. I drove up to Westminster to meet up with my SLHS babies. It was International Days (imagine a food day on steroids). I got to see a ton of my kids and enjoy Mr. G's stories, which are always very amusing.
After leaving SLHS, seeing Mr. G's new Mercedes and leaving his place, I was lucky enough to catch Mr. Martinez after he was done teaching the future of America down in Denver. We met up for an early dinner/late lunch at Thai Basil. We had great conversation, and laughed and laughed and laughed. After dinner, I went shopping by myself @ Park Meadows. I didn't find anything, so I doubt I can call it shopping. It was mostly an excuse for me to stay out of the house and keep my brain going going going. At 9 pm, I met up with Michael for some drinks. Todd joined us for a bit, and then it was Michael and I again. I got home entirely too late to admit it... but it was a really really good night. A good day in general. It made me appreciate the people in my life more than I normally do. THANK YOU!
On Friday I woke up late, and worked. Yes. You are reading correctly. This first year teacher worked ALL !#%*_! DAY on Friday. I graded, planned, and wrote a project that is - as a matter of fact - due tomorrow afternoon. It was not a blast, and I hated every minute of wasting my break on work, but it was worth it when I got to school today and I didn't feel 100% out of it!
On Saturday we celebrated my dad's birthday. It was a family day. No doubt about it. We ate delicious Mexican food, my sister made his cake, I played Wii with the kids, and then we went shopping for a while. Low key, just the way I like it!
Yesterday I met up with Eliza (finally!) for some coffee and catch-up. It seems crazy that it's been so long since we last saw each other. It's even crazier to think that just a few weeks ago she was in South America livin' the life. I love hangin' out with her! It was awesome to see her.
I then proceeded to run errands for most of the afternoon, ate dinner with my parents, did Candlelight yoga and then watched The Pacific with my brother.
It was a nice way to end my break...
... had it not been for the fact that Nacho is a freakin' crazy dog and he started barking THIS MORNING at 2 am and did not stop until AFTER my alarm had gone off at around 4:30 am. I have yet to pet him today because I am so mad at him. We were all crabby this afternoon, and I couldn't figure out why... then I remember our lack of sleep. No wonder I had violent thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment