but it still feels like forever before that one last bell rings on May 21st and I get to be away from kids until early August. I have been counting down the days. My seniors have 14 days left, and I am dreading graduation - where I have to speak in public and read my seniors' names in front of a judgmental crowd.
I have been working my booty off @ the school... but I have also been making great strides as far as recognition goes. It feels good to have both APs, who have not said more than two words to me all year, pat me on the back and say "good job." It feels good to have the StuGo head honcho come find me and personally invite me to be next year's freshman class sponsor. It feels good to have both my department chairs fight for me tooth and nail, even if everything still falls apart. It feels good to be allowed to teach an upper level of Spanish on my 2nd year of teaching. It feels good to get random emails from parents telling me that I am doing a good job. It feels good to read my Spanish 1 kids' essays and see that everything I have been working toward this year is coming together. They can write coherent sentences and put together their own world in a foreign language. They can talk about themselves, their classes, teachers, and even tell me that "so and so doesn't know how to teach." They can make me laugh in MY own language.
...sigh
No comments:
Post a Comment