Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wheew!

It has been almost a month to the day since I posted something. That's worrisome, right? However... I have a good excuse. My excuse was called the end-of-the-school-year-rush. Everyone kept telling me how difficult it was to be a teacher right at the end of the school year, when kids are checked out, parents are calling and emailing, events are taking place at all times, graduation is right around the corner, seniors are getting ready to leave, assemblies happen on a daily basis, and you barely have time to eat your lunch.
All of that actually happened. It was a madhouse! On top of that, my parents left the country for a week, and I was left in charge of the house and the dog. That's a whole other post worth of disaster!
I have made it, though. I made it through my very first year of teaching! Yesterday was officially our check-out day... even though I have to go back in this week to grade some additional exams from students who had not taken them yet. My room was left just as I found it, and though I meant to take pictures.... it was all so hectic I completely spaced it.
Graduation was last week, too. Man! There's just so much! I should probably take a few steps back and re-check my timeline...
Since April 26th....
-- Prom happened on May 8th. Amanda and I chaperoned and Shiloh joined us for some After-Prom fun!
-- We had Skarda's retirement celebration at Champp's, after our baseball game got rained on and cancelled. Shi, Amanda and I have rescheduled for June 7th @ 6:40 pm. It should be a blast!
-- I started and quit a tutoring job.
-- Spent Mother's day with Leslie and her family, since my parents were out of town.
-- Read names @ graduation and made it through without any scratches.
-- Found out my sister is PREGGO!!! November baby, ya'll!
-- I went to Texas for my cousin Nathalie's wedding and had a jolly ol' time.



Wow... a lot has happened in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment