Thursday, September 2, 2010

of broken mirrors and schedule changes

This week has been harsh, man. I have been busy, sleeping like crap, eating as if I were pregnant, and behind my work stuff. I hate being behind my work stuff.
Either way this week has been full of up and downs...
It started off with my first referral of 10-11. The little dbag who has been pushing my buttons since the first day of school finally did himself in... I kicked him out of my room on Wednesday and I haven't seen him since. He is in big trouble with school as a whole, so the security guy actually told me he might be gone for good. We'll see. G told me she knows he needs some serious TLC... but it is hard to give someone so rude ANY TLC. When you don't respect even the people who see eye to eye with you.... ugh. It grinds my gears!
In other news, I had to stay at school til practically sundown on Monday for my first PLC facilitator meeting of the year. It was painful. Over two hours of talking in circles about kids who will do and kids who "won't" do. Super SUPER useless. Oh and of course, a brand new form we all have to fill out because teachers have all of this free time!!!
Today I got home and I had a huge massive UNIVERSITY OF N.COLORADO envelope sitting on the kitchen counter. It had my name, nicely typed. Huge envelope = acceptance! I ripped the envelope open and as I start to read the letter out loud....
I realized my name isn't Nicole.
And I don't live in Windsor, CO.
And I am not a visual arts teacher...
and that it was, in fact, NOT my acceptance letter but someone else's....
and my entire excitement bubble burst into 1000 pieces.
That shit only happens to ME.

1 comment:

  1. your eating like you're pregnant comment made me laugh. i hear you girl. stress. i wish i dealt with it through cleaning rather than eating, ha ha ha.

    soooo sorry to hear about the acceptance letter mixup. SO dissapointing and frustrating. i'll be here to celebrate when they send you YOUR letter (after they do you need to give them a hard time out of the mixup and rant about how unprofessional it is and try to suck some more money out of them)

    love you.

    happiness

    ReplyDelete