Monday, October 11, 2010

of poker faces...

I haven't posted in a while, but it is not for lack of wanting to post. The past few weeks have been insane...
Let's start with Spike, my vehicle. I got Spike back a week ago on Wednesday. He has had a few setbacks, but for the most part he is pretty much back to normal... well, as normal as he can be after having his entire front reconstructed. I have been driving him to and from school and it's been mainly nice to have a means of transportation again. Every once in a while I have a car startle me with their brake lights... from up close or far away, it gets me every time!
Court, the last step of this ordeal, is on Wednesday. My appointment is right before parent teacher conferences. I actually have to leave my kids from 7th hour with another teacher, and she will watch them while I go pay hundreds of dollars in court fees and tickets and continue to feel like a criminal. The shittiest part of this entire thing will be, by far, going to court.
Homecoming - What Happens in Vegas - came and went. Last week was insane. Amanda and I took our time planning outfits for the entire week and I am pretty sure we ruled the show...
The week was full of fun activities, which included the PowderPuff game, the bonfire, the homecoming parade, the football game and the homecoming dance. I attended each and every single one of those events and helped put together the homecoming float for the class of 2014 along with my freshmen. Our theme was "The Chapel of the Hearts," and it was complete with a bride and groom and a student dressed as Elvis... we actually won Third Place!!! All of our hard work paid off in the end.

In other news, we celebrated my sister's Baby Shower yesterday. It was a small event, which was nice. I think she was able to talk to everyone and everyone was able to contribute in any way they could - be it with painting onesies or giving a gift. We had a really good time, even though the weather was really cold and rainy outside!
This week is parent/teacher conferences. It is a "short" week, as everyone keeps saying... except not. All the staff has to be at school for 13+ hours both tomorrow and Wednesday, followed by a full day of meetings (which includes a 4 hour suicide prevention training) on Thursday... and I was dumb enough to donate my Friday off (and my Saturday) to take sophomore and senior student government kids to a leadership conference in the butt of the world (Brighton, Co).... a TWO DAY conference...
I sure hope all this hard work pays off in the end... and by the end I mean March, when they announce who stays and who goes!
I think that's about as much as I can give right now.
Much love,

Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment