Wednesday, November 17, 2010

of good times and low places....

This week has been by far one of the best weeks I have had with kids in a while. Last week was good too, but for some reason when the kids are getting ready to go on break... all hell breaks lose!
This week my kids have kept it together like I have never seen. I promised them absolutely no homework over break if they gave me 100% this week. I have been getting 102%. I don't mean to brag, and it might also break the spell since I am typing it up... but hey, it's what I have felt this week - why lie?

Today I had one of my super dreaded meetings with the AHS, LHS and middle school teachers to talk about our Spanish 1 common exam. The district paid so a committee could get together for three hours and hash out any unhappiness from last year's test AND to add some new sections to the test for next semester. I have already complained about these meetings several times, so stating that I hate them is obviously an understatement. I signed up to be part of the committee because no one else would do it.

...ANYWAY. I went back to school at 2:30 pm today pretty happy with myself and the fact that the people in the committee were actually pleasant and polite. I might even actually say that I had a little fun with all of them and I wouldn't mind meeting again if the need arose. SO.WEIRD. We got everything accomplished AND more. We added, corrected and edited over ten different sections of the test. Wording, formatting, fairness, grammar. EVERYTHING. It was rewarding. I hope it is as rewarding when we have ALL Spanish teachers in one room come February 16th 2011. Let the douchebaggery arise then, I assume.

In other news, life is going all right. I have been having a lot of fun the last few weekends and doing a lot of fun things! I have been to a few AVs games, and last weekend I went to see my second-ever Broncos game... which they won! It was so cool to see the crowd enjoying themselves, rather than being pissed off and leaving at third quarter. It was hilarious to see one of the best teams get beat by the underdog. Now I have to buy a jersey, cause I made a bet. /fail.

Zombies have been ruling my life on Sundays. If you have not checked out the new series "Walking Dead" on AMC, please obtain a life and start watching it. It is AMAZING. Thank goodness for Storey, who introduced me to the books... I am lovin' it!!!

I registered for my spring class, which starts in January of 2011. I am excited, nervous, freaked out, looking forward to it, dreading it, all rolled up into one. It is a five hour class on Saturdays during the spring. It is a mandatory class, which is unfortunately only offered during those times. I am looking forward to the intellectual rewards, but not looking forward to the social life/sleep deprivation consequences. Or the lack of funds for the next few months, for that matter!

Last week I was at school until all hours of the night working on selecting the acts for the talent show. It was a grueling process, but I think we made great choices... among the selected were: a girl singing a "Marina and the diamonds" song, a circus act, an Irish dancers act, a duet singing Glee's "Poker Face," a song entitled "Prejudice" - about gingers, a ballet act.... and several very talented singers, songwriters and bands. It should be a blast and I am looking forward to what everyone will say about the show.... I just kind of wish I'd had the courage to be part of it, not just part of the background.

xoxo,

Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment