Outside one can't see anything but white. It's been snowing a lot. It snowed most of the day yesterday, and our drive back from the mountains was pretty ominous as the visibility got worse and worse with the progression of the snow storm. Alex, Nathalie and I made it home safely, however.
We have had a full house since my grandparents, my cousin and her husband got here the 26th. It's been really nice to have family in town for the holidays. While I like the fact that our house is quiet, and a getaway from all the noise outside... it's nice to be noisy for a change.
Alex, Nathalie and I went to the mountains. They were amused by the fact that even though we have been living in Colorado since 2003, my mountain experience equals ZERO (or at least it did until we went up on Tuesday). Alex's aunt and uncle opened their home and allowed us to stay with them in Eagle. It was absolutely beautiful. The house, the company, and the relaxation were probably the best part of this break. I thoroughly enjoyed playing shuffle board, reading, and drinking wine without worrying about the drive home.
Tonight we get to celebrate New Year's with my grandparents. I have never celebrated it with Nana and Nolo, so you could say this has been 25 years in the making - almost 26. We have pernil, ham, potato salad and mashed potatoes. Nana says it is entirely too much pork and too many potatoes. I think it's just fine with everyone here. I also chuckled at the thought of "Pork and potatoes," the dreaded meal we had over and over again while in Europe.
I have to say, all in all, this has been a really nice break. I had one week to decompress, and just hang out and see many people I love, and this week has been all about family. I am very lucky.
On Monday, then, it is back to school. Break is over, good food is long gone - at least til Thanksgiving of 2011 - and the routine starts again. While I am looking forward to getting back on track both with WW, work, and yoga, I am not looking forward to 4:30 am wakeup calls and the uncertainty of the snow storms during the work week...
Ah, so as the title says... this is a post about endings. You are all probably at home right now, going through the year in your head. I have been doing the same, and many snapshots come and go. The following are things I loved about 2010:
![]() |
| My 25th Birthday |
| John Meyer @ Pepsi Center |
| Shiloh moves out!! |
| My sister's wedding to Storey |
| Harley Grace born on Thanksgiving! |
| Lady Antebellum @ the Fillmore |
| Getting reacquainted with the Grizzly Rose |
| Spending the holidays with my grandparents and my cousin(s) |
![]() |
| Seeing my grandparents' faces when they met their very first great-grandkid |
Enjoy the end of this year, stay warm and near the people you love and care for. Hope for the best and work hard to make your dreams come true.
Happy 2011 to all my readers, anonymous or not.
Much love,
B


This is a great post! Well done, my friend. It's been a great year, all in all, and I'm looking forward to 2011!!! You have some great pictures here.
ReplyDelete