Monday, December 13, 2010

Of higher ups and hugs

Today I went to school feeling pretty blah. For the first time this year I truly showed up without a plan and hoping for the best. I was lucky enough to get the best from my kids, otherwise my head would've exploded.
I do not teach during second hour on Mondays. It is one of the few safe havens I have, because kids come in, chill, get tutored, and we have created this nice little family of seven-or-eight kids that come in constantly whether or not they need help. Sometimes I play games with them, sometimes I plan and they gossip, sometimes I yell at them, etc. Today, I was surprised to see our school principal knocking at my door as my group of 10 kids was being extremely rambunctious.
Then I rememebered I was wearing jeans.
FUCK.
Huge faux-pas. HUGE. He hates jeans on any day but Fridays!!!
Then I realize he is not alone. The friggin' superintendent of LPS is with him and they are "just touring." I about died. Actually, I am pretty sure I had a mni-heart-attack. SERIOUSLY? I am always a rule-follower and on the ONE Monday I am unprepared and pretty damn comfy (thanks to my jeans), in walks the superintendent and my boss. Thanks, gods.
I obviously head on over, wear a super uncomfortable "I know you are pissed at me because of these jeans" smile and meet the superintendent for what feels like the 3rd or 4th time. He has managed to forget me every time. I guess I am not memorable. Whatevs. He tells me he has a Spanish minor, we joke for a bit and off they go.
I swear. This makes me never want to wear jeans ever again.
Oh well.......

No comments:

Post a Comment