Austin is my torment. He is the highlight of my Tuesdays/Thursdays as much as he is the worst part of my day. I want to hug the thug out of him, and I want to beat the thug out of him all at once.
He thinks he is all that + a bag of chips. He is smarter beyond what he expects of himself. He lets everything influence him instead of letting his brains decide what's right/wrong. He loves to get in trouble, as much as he loves negative attention from teachers...
But I can see his struggle. I can see him trying to get better. I can see those gears of knowledge grinding whenever we go over his English vocab. I can see those big blue eyes figuring out that he's not as dumb as everyone makes him think.
I wish I could show him how much I care about him. I see a little brother, a lost soul, a kid who's truly rough around the edges but has more potential than some of my upper-class-going-to-ivy-league kids. I just wish he would realize it. I just wish he would wake up.
No comments:
Post a Comment