I feel like it's been ages since I have sat down to write anything, yet it was a mere 6 days ago when I blogged about sitting back again on our school theater to welcome everyone back from break.
I, for one, am happy to be back. It has been tough to get back on the swing of things, especially waking up early once again. I spent two nights this week crashing at Shiloh's/Amanda's places due to snow... which was definitely highly appreciated but a huge discomfort. Not being able to sleep in your own bed, or do the routine you are used to, always makes for a tiring week. I am sure I did not help them either!
The low temperatures did not treat my little Spike well. After 48 hours in the freezing cold, and 20 minutes getting the snow off of him + defrosting him, I jumped into my car to find a completely detached rear-view mirror.
I had to deal with that adventure on Tuesday, but thankfully the people who fixed my car after the accident sent someone quite quickly on that same day to get my car fixed and ready to go. Life lesson: the rear view mirror is highly under-appreciated. Never did I imagine I used it that much until it was gone!
One must not complain much, though. Compared to the news around the world, and in our own country, my week was pretty darn swell. It was swell enough for me to leave early mostly every day, wear jeans twice and be able to grade most of my papers and put them on the gradebook thanks to my 45 student assistants. I do not really have 45. I have seven, out of which 3 actually touch ANYTHING related to grading. The other four are special cases... study hall that equals to some school credit. And a teacher that supervises them is HIGHLY necessary if not indispensable.
So, I am sure you read the title and you figured "ooh. juicy gossip." Truth of the matter is, yes. JUICY.
I know this is hardly a gossip blog, but a teaching adventures blog instead. However, I must say that my current situation is definitely part of an adventure that I hope works for the best?
A year and a half ago, when I started at my current school, I was smitten with an adorably nerdy science teacher within my office. A few months later, I found out he would be part of an amazing adventure: switching lives with an Australian teacher, and going abroad for a year. On the first day of spring semester of 2010, the adorably cute teacher I was smitten with was replaced by a stern-faced Australian woman whose accent I couldn't understand.
Insert 365 days.
On January 3rd of 2011, the adorably nerdy Bio teacher entered my life again. I am smitten like I have not been in God-knows how long. Smitten enough to write about it HERE in order to rid myself of these feelings I am feeling.
My palms sweat, I can't make sentences, my heart beats extremely fast, I forget my name, I feel like an idiot... this happens every single time he looks at me, walks by me, talks to me.
I have a hard time controlling my impulses. I have a hard time focusing on my class when I can see him sitting right across from my door eating lunch every day during fifth hour. I can't help but smile when he wears pink button up shirts - because he looks GOOD. I can't help but find stupid excuses to make conversation. I can't help but be sad when he isn't there on Thursdays to eat lunch with me... during the ONLY off hour we have in common. I can't help but think he has no idea I exist.
I have fallen for an absolutely dorky Biology teacher.
... and that's how the cookie crumbles.
xoxo
Bee
That is cute and sweet. Who knows how he feels...
ReplyDelete