Thursday, July 7, 2011

of Daddy Yankee

I just finished writing my very first final paper for my truly hated civ class. I have been home since the 2nd, so it's nice to know that in just 5 days I was able to whip up a paper. I am definitely not proud of it. I know I can write better than that... but I absolutely cannot write 8 pages based on 2 short stories that I didnt even necessarily enjoy. Why did I choose them? because I like the author... but, people, you can only read two short stories so many times!!! I kept seeing the same lines popping up each and every time. Really frustrating!

Summer "officially" begun, yet I keep trying to find ways to keep myself busy. I enjoy having free time, but I also can get a little antsy when I find myself obligation-less. I guess that's the curse of being a teacher. I took it upon myself to polish my room a bit, organize, clean my closet, and today I took a break and went to the pool with Handle and G. I hadn't seen them pretty much all summer, so it was super nice to catch up, gossip, soak up the sun, drink mojitos and eat pizza while also managing to watch a little How I met your mother. It was a great day...

Next week is a week full of schoolness. Handle and I are departing to the Student Leadership Conference in Fort Collins. We will be gone until Thursday. It involves a lot of cheers, dress up days, workshops and probably sneaking out for adult bevies when nobody is looking. I am definitely stoked to see what it is all about, since the kids always speak highly of it. It will be great to see some of the children, but it will also be fun to spend some time with Her Handle-ness. Also coming up: Scott/Jenny's wedding! I can't wait for a college reunion!


xoxo

b

No comments:

Post a Comment