This weekend was a little bit surreal. I found myself driving up to Estes Park to witness the marriage of one of my awesome college friends. While I have had quite a few friends get married, Navy S was definitely the first person from my close-knit group of party friends who chose to walk down the aisle. He looked so very much in love... I had never seen him like that - EVER. As I looked around me, I noticed how much we have all grown, changed, and how far the college days feel to me...far, yet so close.
I sat outside and watched one of my best friends be a groomsman, and I was sitting by two of my good friends. We enjoyed dinner, drinks, and plenty of dancing. 80s nights at the Foundry suddenly seemed like they had never gone away. Michael Jackson, The Outfield and Rick Springfield brought us back together.
We reminisced about college, and three of us had the great luck of finding an amazing inn that was right on the Fall River where we could relax and spend time together... among other shenanigans. For the first time this entire summer I felt rested, I am sleep deprived, but rested. It was nice to not have a schedule, sleep in, get ready with my beloved former roommie - Kar, and also share breakfast with two people who were and are still so important to me. It was great to toast to Navy S and Mail-room Jenny. I was lucky to be a part of their day, but also very happy to see how far each an every one of us has come in the short 3 years since we graduated. It was also nice to step right back into our dancing shoes and dance the night away. How bitterly sweet, yet how fun.
29 days until I get to see my children of the corn... better get to enjoying the few days I have left...
xoxo
bee
No comments:
Post a Comment