Tuesday, August 21, 2012

of passing notes

The first few days of school, I always find myself in a daze. Getting back into a routine is deeply appreciated, but the days feel endless, the new faces are overwhelming, always too many questions, too much paper, too many meetings... it's rough. In about three weeks, I will be accustomed to my new desks, the new kids, and all the 10413 changes I have made for this year.
Yesterday I saw my 2 upper level classes, and today I saw all of my classes. It was really rough seeing 101 kids today that I have never met before, who know nothing about me, who have no expectations, and who barely said a word - perhaps cause they were too scared? Whatever the reason, I also tell myself I have to cherish the quiet, because odds are in 2 weeks, they will be climbing up the walls.
It's nice to be back, I just need the exhaustion to  leave for a bit.
Lords help me.


:)